Biodiesel Storage and Blending
Project Services: EPC | Home Office Engineering & Design | Seconded On-Site Project Management
IPM performed complete engineering, design, and construction for the client’s Biodiesel Storage, Blending, and Truck Loading/Unloading Project.
The project included process development to scope the project and then engineering and design work for the repurposed tank, new transfer pump, truck loading platforms & arms, piping and pipe racks, filters, mixer, structural steel supports, internal tank heater design, and insulation.
Project Highlight Features Include:
- Tank converted from gasoline to biodiesel service
- Tank insulation and external heater/circulation pump to keep product hot and flowable
- Product metering / Blending system to blend biodiesel at truck loading rack
- Brownfield tie-ins and piperacks for new piping
- Insulated and electric-traced piping