Amine Plant Relocation
Colorado | Louisiana
Project Services: Home Office Engineering, Design, & Procurement | Second On-Site Turnaround Management
IPM performed complete engineering and design to support the relocation of an existing amine contactor and regeneration plant from Colorado to Louisiana. Following the completion of detailed design, IPM worked with the construction company to install the plant. The regeneration area was a greenfield site, whereas the contactor was installed in a brownfield site. The connecting piping between the amine contactor and regeneration plant was located within the operating facility.
The project included P&ID development, sitework, foundations, structural steel (pipe racks and bridge), piping design, MCC building modification, electric heat tracing, insulation, instrumentation, and supporting electrical installations.
Project Highlight Features Include:
- Process modeling and verification of the existing plant for new site operating and design conditions
- Added after-contactor gas cooler shell & tube exchangers to lower the moisture levels
- Modified the amine reboiler heat medium to utilize steam
- PSVs were checked for new process conditions and resized as needed
- Modified the MCC building and motor controls